Communication industry asset tracking management system solution
The rapid development of the communication industry and the rapid development of communication technology, as well as the formation of a competitive environment of economic globalization, have made management tasks such as improving production methods, increasing operating efficiency, reducing operating costs, and improving service quality the focus of the major telecom operators. Weight. The fixed assets of communication enterprises have the characteristics of wide distribution, large quantity, high unit value, and frequent adjustments. Under the current management mode, information distortion and lag caused by human factors in the transmission process of asset change information cause the accounts to be unable to be synchronized and consistent. The department was unable to optimize equipment deployment in a timely manner, resulting in a large amount of high-value network assets being idle and wasted, which seriously affected the authenticity of financial reports.
As a bridge between the physical world and existing IT systems, RFID technology can effectively integrate daily asset management activities and asset management systems with the help of GPRS wireless remote transmission, thereby achieving real-time synchronization of physical information and system information. Therefore, it is possible to set up an asset management system based on RFID technology for automatic management.
(1) Reader: It integrates RFID reader module, GSM wireless communication module and reader power interface board into one to realize real-time automatic collection and wireless transmission of remote data. In the reader workflow design, The control switch controls the working state of the reader (the reader is in a reading state when the door is opened), thereby ensuring the life of the reader and avoiding waste of energy.
(2) Antenna: Due to the uncertainty of the direction of the electronic tag when the asset enters and exits the equipment room, in order to ensure effective identification at multiple angles, a circularly polarized antenna is used.
(3) Electronic tags: communications industry assets have a large variety, specifications and metal surfaces. Metal interference has been a difficult application of RFID technology. Developed affixing tags and tag tags suitable for assets of different sizes and specifications. Through the special design and packaging of the tag's built-in antenna, the tag has good resistance to metal interference.
(4) Card issuer: write data for the electronic label, such as asset name, model, barcode number, etc., and can set a password to lock the data area to prevent overwriting the data in the electronic label.
(5) Handheld: used for asset inventory, can quickly read the electronic tag information on the device, and send the read tag information to the background server for processing through the built-in GPRS wireless communication module.
(6) Card issuing software: It is mainly used to write data into electronic tags, including device name, device model, device barcode, etc. After the data is written, reports can be automatically generated and imported into the GIS system server.
(7) GIS asset management auxiliary system and RFID middleware platform based on RFID technology.
Third, the work process
Asset management includes operations such as adding, allocating, idle, scrapping, repairing, and taking inventory of assets. It includes the entire process of equipment from factory shipment to commissioning to scrapping. When the equipment leaves the factory, an electronic tag is added, and the asset information is written in the tag. Each time the asset management operation is performed, the reader will read the electronic tag on the asset and send the information to the server for processing, thereby implementing asset tracking management. .
(1) Adding assets: Fill in the relevant information of the equipment to be managed (place name, asset barcode, model, name) in the card issuing program, and save this record in the database. Attach (or hang on the asset) an electronic label with asset information.
(2) Asset transfer operation: Prepare the assets to be transferred, and open the door that controls the travel switch. At this time, the reader is in the state of reading tags. Take out the asset with the electronic tag and walk out of the door. Observe the sound and light prompts on the reader and the LED display to show the number of assets. Confirm that the electronic tag on the device is read. Close the door, at this point the assets have been transferred from the base station. Bring the asset to the destination that needs to be transferred, open the door, bring the asset into the base station, and confirm that the electronic tag on the asset is read correctly. Close the door and complete the transfer of assets.
(3) Asset maintenance operation: Prepare the equipment that has failed, and open the door that controls the travel switch to make the reader read the label. Take out the faulty device, observe the digital tube display on the reader, and confirm that the label is read correctly. Close the door of the base station, and the faulty device is tuned away from the base station. Take the device to the warehouse maintenance area, press the reader control button (the indicator light on the button is on at this time), confirm that the label information on all the devices is read correctly, and press the reader control button (instruction on the button again) The light is off), and the device is under maintenance.
(4) Asset scrapping operation: Prepare scrapped equipment, open the door that controls the travel switch, and make the reader read the label. Take out the end-of-life equipment and verify that the label is read correctly. Close the door of the base station, and the scrapped equipment will be removed from the base station. Take the equipment to the warehouse scrap area and press the reader control button in the scrap area to confirm that the label information on the equipment is read correctly. Press the reader control button again to complete the device scrap operation.
(5) Asset inventory operation: Press the "I / O" switch of the handset to start up. At the top of the interface, click to open the connectivity window and click Connect to GPRS. Start the inventory program.
Fourth, system advantages
(1) The entire system has the characteristics of long-distance rapid identification, high reliability, high confidentiality, easy operation, and easy expansion. The asset identification system can operate independently and does not depend on other systems.
(2) Establish safe and reliable registered asset files, strengthen asset supervision through high-tech, rationally allocate resources, reduce resource waste, and prevent asset loss. It can effectively and accurately identify, collect, record, and track the data information of assets (assets with electronic tags) entering and leaving the base station (bank) to ensure the reasonable use of assets.
(3) Fully consider the actual situation of the communication company, study the problem from the perspective of professional technology, and effectively solve the problem of chaos, disorder and poor real-time in asset management. Provide an advanced, reliable, and applicable digital platform for automatic identification and intelligent management of incoming and outgoing assets, so that the ability of telecommunications operators to real-time and dynamic management of internal assets is qualitatively improved.
(4) Make full use of RFID automatic acquisition and GPRS wireless remote transmission functions to achieve real-time consistency of asset change information and system information, and use the SMS alarm reminder function to organically integrate daily work with IT systems to achieve a background system Effective real-time monitoring and recording of work processes, so that managers can know the allocation and use of assets in a timely manner in the office.
(5) All asset data is entered at one time, and the system automatically determines the asset status (added, allocated, idle, scrapped, etc.) based on data collected by RFID readers in different base stations and regions. The end user can use the visual GIS operation interface at any time, Statistics and query of asset data through IE browser anywhere.
V. System implementation benefits
(1) Achieved "asset life cycle management" and "asset automatic management": the use of RFID technology for automatic identification of radio frequency and wireless remote transmission of GSM communication networks to achieve the full life cycle of assets (new, allocated, idle, scrapped) , Maintenance, etc.) intelligent dynamic real-time tracking of centralized monitoring and management, the entire management process does not require any manual intervention. It provides accurate reference data for enterprise investment decision-making and reasonable asset allocation, effectively increases the marginal benefit of investment and increases the asset utilization rate, and reduces unnecessary equipment investment and idle waste.
(2) Realize "synchronous management of people, land, time, and objects" in asset management: the system organically embeds the daily management of assets into the asset management system, realizing the tasks, locations, physical objects, Time and other information are recorded, and the SMS alert function is introduced. The system implements effective supervision of daily work, reducing the pressure of daily asset management, saving the cost of investing a lot of manpower and materials every year for asset inventory and unnecessary transfers, avoiding The loss of assets caused by various factors has improved corporate management efficiency.
(3) Realize paperless / addressing of asset management: The system uses public IP address to access the system, and users can access the system through IE browser anytime, anywhere.
(4) The research results of this project will play a certain role in promoting and drawing on the development of RFID technology standards in China. In addition, the successful application of RFID technology in the field of asset management will promote the large-scale application and development of RFID technology in other fields. So as to improve the social influence of enterprises.
The implementation and application of this system completely eliminated the workload and error rate of manual recording and information transmission, achieved the expected application effect within a certain range, and was unanimously affirmed by the maintenance personnel of communication equipment.