With the popularization of the concept of the Internet of Things, everyone is more interested in using RFID electronic tags to manage fixed assets. Generally speaking, a complete set of solutions includes an RFID fixed asset management system, RFID printers, RFID tags, and RFID readers. As an important part, if there are any problems with RFID electronic tags, it will affect the progress of the entire system.
Reasons why RFID tags cannot be read
First, the RFID electronic label is damaged
There are chips and antennas in RFID electronic tags. If the chips are pressed by external force or high static electricity may fail. Antenna, if the RFID signal is damaged by the antenna, it will also cause failure. Therefore, RFID electronic tags must not be damaged or torn by compression. Generally required RFID electronic tags will be packed in plastic cards to avoid damage by external forces.
Second, the impact of interfering objects
RFID electronic tags cannot pass through metal. When the tags are blocked by the metal, the reading distance of the RFID inventory machine will be affected, or even impossible to read. At the same time, the radio frequency information of RFID electronic tags is also difficult to penetrate water. If blocked by water, the sensing distance will be limited. In general, the signals of RFID tags can penetrate non-metallic or non-transparent materials such as paper, wood and plastic, and can communicate penetratingly. If the use scenario is special, it is necessary to customize metal tags or other electronic tags with special characteristics, such as high temperature resistance and waterproof.
3. The reading distance is too far
According to different manufacturing processes, RFID electronic tags have different application environments, different RFID readers, and different reading distances. If the reading distance is too far, it will affect the reading effect.
Factors affecting the reading distance of RFID tags
1. It is related to the radio frequency power of the RFID reader. If the radio frequency power is small, the reading distance is close. On the contrary, if the power is high, the reading distance is far;
2. It is related to the antenna gain of the RFID reader, the antenna gain of the reader is small, the reading distance is close, anyway, the gain is high and the reading distance is far;
3. It is related to the matching degree of the polarization direction and relative angle of the RFID tag and the antenna. The direction is consistent and the matching degree is high.
4. It is related to the unit attenuation of the feeder. The larger the attenuation, the closer the reading and writing distance. On the contrary, the smaller the attenuation, the farther the reading distance;
5. It is related to the total length of the feeder connecting the reader and the antenna. The longer the feeder, the closer the reading and writing distance. On the contrary, the feeder has a shorter reading distance.