Products derived from RFID technology are mainly divided into three categories:
1. Passive RFID products: These products require close contact identification, such as meal cards, bank cards, bus cards and ID cards, etc. These card types require close contact during work identification, and the main working frequencies are Low frequency 125KHZ, high frequency 13.56MHZ, ultra high frequency 433MHZ and 915MHZ. This type of product is also relatively common in our lives, and it is also a relatively early product.
2. Active RFID products: This type of product has the characteristics of automatic identification at a long distance, so it is accordingly applied to some large environments, such as smart parking lots, smart cities, smart transportation, and the Internet of Things. Their main work There are microwave 2.45GHZ and 5.8GHZ, UHF 433MHZ.
3. Semi-active RFID products: As the name implies, it is a combination of active RFID products and passive RFID products. It combines the advantages of the two. Under the trigger of the low-frequency 125KHZ frequency, the microwave 2.45G exerts its advantages and solves the active RFID products. And passive RFID products can not solve problems, such as access control, area positioning management and security alarm applications, close-range activation positioning, long-distance transmission of data.
RFID technology has the characteristics of strong anti-interference and no need for manual identification, so it is often used in some fields that need to collect or track information, including but not limited to the following seven points:
1. Warehouse/Transportation/Materials: RFID chips are embedded in the goods, stored in warehouses, shopping malls and other goods and logistics process, the relevant information of the goods is automatically collected by the reader, the management personnel can quickly query the goods information in the system, reduce the discard or The risk of theft can increase the speed of handover of goods, improve accuracy, and prevent channeling and anti-counterfeiting.
2. Access control/attendance: Some companies or some large conferences, by entering the identity or fingerprint information in advance, you can automatically identify the check-in through the door recognition system, saving a lot of time in the middle, convenient and labor-saving.
3. Fixed asset management: Some places such as libraries, art galleries and museums with large assets or valuable items need complete management procedures or strict protection measures. When the storage information of books or valuable items has abnormal changes, The administrator will be reminded in the system as soon as possible to deal with the relevant situation.
4. Train/vehicle identification/baggage security: The vehicle dispatching system of my country’s railways is a typical case. Automatic identification of vehicle numbers and information input saves a lot of time for manual statistics and improves accuracy.
5. Medical information tracking: case tracking, waste tracking, medicine tracking, etc. are all good ways to improve the level and efficiency of hospital services.
6. Military/Defense/National Security: The dynamics of some important military drugs, guns, ammunition or military vehicles need to be tracked in real time.
Seven major advantages
1. Super anti-interference, it has one of the most important advantages is non-contact identification, it can work in a sharp and harsh environment, and can be very penetrating, can quickly identify and read tags.
2. The data capacity of the RFID tag is very large, it can be expanded to 10k according to the needs of users, which is much higher than the capacity of the 2725 digits in the two-dimensional barcode.
3. Can be operated dynamically, its tag data can be dynamically modified by programming, and can be dynamically tracked and monitored, as long as the object attached to the RFID tag appears within the effective recognition range of the reader.
4. Long service life, because of its strong anti-interference, so the RFID tag is not easy to be damaged, and the service life is very long.
5. Anti-collision, within the effective recognition range of the reader, it can read multiple RFID tags at the same time.
6. High security, RFID tags can be attached to the product in any form, and the data of the tags can be encrypted with passwords to improve security.
7. The recognition speed is fast, as soon as the RFID tag enters the effective recognition range of the reader, it immediately starts to read the data, and generally the recognition can be completed in less than 100 milliseconds.