What factors affect the reading and reading range of RFID electronic tags?
With the popularization of the concept of the Internet of Things, the use of RFID electronic tags to manage fixed assets is increasing. RFID fixed asset management systems, RFID printers, RFID tags, RFID readers, etc. are usually used. As an important component, problems with RFID electronic tags will affect the progress of the entire system.
Reasons for unable to read RFID electronic tags
1. The RFID electronic tag is damaged
RFID electronic tags have chips and antennas. If the chip is pressed by external force or high static electricity, it may malfunction. Antenna, RFID signal receiving antenna damage will cause malfunction. Therefore, RFID electronic tags must not be damaged by compression or torn. Usually RFID electronic tags are packaged on plastic cards to prevent damage from external forces.
2. There are interference objects
RFID electronic tags cannot pass through metal. If the tag is covered by metal, it will affect the reading distance of the RFID reader, or it will not be able to read at all. On the other hand, the radio frequency signal of the RFID electronic tag is also difficult to penetrate water. If it is blocked by water, the sensing distance may also be limited. Generally, the signal of the RFID tag can penetrate non-metallic or opaque materials (such as paper, wood, plastic) and perform penetration communication. When the use scene is special, it is necessary to customize the electronic label with high temperature resistance, waterproof and other anti-metal labels or other characteristics.
Three, the reading distance is too far
RFID electronic tags have different application environments in different production processes, and the reading distance of RFID readers is also different. Too far reading distance will affect the reading effect.
RFID handset inventory
Factors affecting the reading distance of RFID electronic tags
1. It is related to the radio frequency power of the RFID reader. When the radio frequency power is small, the reading and writing distance is short, but when the power is high, the reading distance is long.
2. It is related to the RFID reader antenna gain. The reader antenna gain is small and the reading and writing distance is short. Anyway, the gain is high and the reading distance is long.
3. It is related to the polarization direction and relative angle of the RFID tag and antenna, the direction is the same, the reading distance is long, on the contrary, if it does not match, the reading distance is short.
4. It is related to the unit attenuation of the feeder. The greater the attenuation, the closer the reading distance, on the contrary, the smaller the attenuation reading distance.
5. It is related to the total length of the feeder connecting the reader and the antenna. The longer the feeder, the shorter the reading distance and the shorter the reading distance of the phase feedback line.