The reading distance of UHF RFID tags is longer, and the passive can reach about 10m. It is mainly realized by capacitive coupling.
1. In this frequency band, the global definition is different-the frequency defined in Europe and parts of Asia is 868MHz, the frequency defined in North America is 902-928MHz, and the frequency recommended by Japan is between 950 and 956. The wavelength of this band is about 30 cm.
2. At present, the power output of this frequency band is currently defined in a unified way (4W in the United States and 500mW in Europe). The European limit may be increased to 2W EIRP.
3. Radio waves in the UHF band cannot pass through many materials, especially water and metals, and suspended particles such as dust and fog can also have an impact. Compared with high-frequency electronic tags, electronic tags in this frequency band do not need to be separated from metal.
4. The antenna of the electronic tag is usually long and tag-shaped. The antenna has two designs of wired polarity and circular polarization, which can meet the needs of different applications.
The main applications of UHF electronic tags:
1. Logistics and supply chain management solutions
2. Production line automation management and application
3. Air parcel management and application
4. Container management and application
5. Railway parcel management and application
6. Logistics application management system. There is no doubt that in the future, UHF products will be widely used.